Thursday, January 21, 2010

A toast to Laughter, Open-mindedness, and No regrets.

First day in London has been a bit much. At one point the day moved so quickly I couldn’t keep track of the time. Then the night moved so slowly that I kept wondering when it was time for bed. I have honestly been up for about a good 20 hrs. lol It has been rough, but so exciting. Things are going so well thus far, and the living situation is SWEEEEEEEEET! I could get used to having a cleaning service come in once a week. Although I have been here for a day , my awkward moments have “showed out”! I never know what to expect. Well let’s just say I will never ask, “ How long have you been together?” as a follow up a statement of “ I just went to visit my girlfriend in Italy.” WELL, it doesn’t seem like an awkward moment should have happened right? Yea, that’s what I thought too but BOY was I wrong because the answer was “she broke up with me the day that I left.” ☹ WELL… that will be the end of me asking about relationships.I guess the situation wasn’t too hindering because the round of drinks were on him.
Side note: Funny story….. SO our bathrooms are sooo nice and modern but they are dangerous! I might sound crazy, but actually I can bet if you were here you would have done the same. There are a bunch of nozzles around our shower and when we pressed on one the water began shooting from every which way! The water shot straight into my eye so I couldn’t see. Which led to the bathroom turning into Noah’s Ark! To give you a better mental picture of how crazy this shower is, the water pressure was so high that the water was shooting out of the bathroom window which is about a good 5 feet away from the shower. So yea I made a huge scene on my first day, BUT I felt better once my roommates did it in the other two bathrooms.
Lol. We are such jokes.

Well I’ve been up for too long and I am waiting on someone to get on skype/fb but NO one is on! I find it to be blasphemy ! Yes, blasphemy! I know most of my friends cough cough JW and H.A. are on FB all throughout the day, but the one time I am on no one is on at all! WTF guys!? Haha Get On That!
All in all the best part of my day was when I heard from my papi in Haiti! I was so happy, that I almost cried. I had been anticipating a call from him for days, to the point where I would run to answer my phone just in case it was him. SO the day that I left I wasn’t even expecting it, because of the 6.1 aftershock that hit Haiti that morning. Literally 20 mins before I boarded my plane he called me! It was amazing I cant not wait to see him when I get back! Im still praying for my family in Haiti because the bad just keeps on getting worse. Im trying to keep up with the news on CNN, If anything major happens fb message me! Anyway im going to bed….. until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment