Sunday, February 21, 2010

It’s a slap in the face to appreciate something….once it is gone

This week has been nothing short of hectic, everything went from being all good to all bad. We were all on this high. We were getting used quickly turning the new pages of this new chapter in our lives forgetting that it was only another chapter and NOT another novel.

Tuesday seemed like just a normal day , but normal is more of a malapropism than the correct adjective. We went to class and stuck around at school to skype people before I went to the sports café. I was waiting on Les to get out of class and she actually forgot that I was waiting on her, because I do not usually wait on on Tuesdays. So she came back to walk with me because we go to school in the middle of a park which is no place for me to be walking alone late at night. On the way back home Les and I plan our night out which ends up being a debate on weather or not we want to go to the sports café. We both later decided we didn’t want to go, but then we watch everyone pre-game and Les opted to go. While she was getting ready I was about to text my friend and let him know I was not going. The text message I got back was about 5 pages long and it started out with the normal I don’t think im going out tonight but the rest of the text was not good at all. While im reading it I slowly say,” Oh my Gosh”. Les came out of the bathroom to ask what had happened and I explain it to her. Then she goes back in the bathroom and grabs her make-up bag and looks at me and says, “we are going to Landward tonight?”( his apt building) and I simply just nodded my head. It was quite an adventure getting there because we kept running into the drunken people from our apartment building everywhere we turned. It actually turned into a game of hide and seek once we got to the underground. When we finally got there Les an I basically put on a show telling the story of how she stole my chips and wouldn’t admit it. We sat around an just laughed it up for a bit, then before we left we had a serious moment which definitely put us all in a different mood. The tube stopped running at about 12:30 and it was nearing 1 am so we decided to find a bus route that would take us home. We do not normally take the bust primarily because we don’t know how to use the bloody thing. So, as usual, we go on a search to find the bus the would take us home, and we end up walking home instead.

Wednesday was ash Wednesday and it actually was a beautiful day out. We went and picked up my camera and then headed for church. When we got to church there was laughter one min about how dead the church was, but then tears the next. It seemed like everyone around me was getting horrible news from home except for me. Even though I was not the one with all the bad news, being surrounded by it just made me paranoid. It also completely changed my mood. I mean its actually surprising how many people are suffering in some way in the world, but walk around with a smile on their face. The façades we put up on a day to day basis almost become apart our day to day routine until we get smacked down by reality. The news that I got from home wasn’t as bad as everyone else’s, but it was disappointing to hear. It is funny it takes losing, or a sudden withdrawal from something to make us actually appreciate its presence.

Anywho on a lighter note….. im not really feeling this new facebook or facebook in general anymore. Its annoying and slow over here. No one is ever on when im on now because I have adjusted to my new sleeping pattern. It kinda sorta just sucks. Well I am going to Greece in two weeks…. Time is definitely flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment